Fastening & Joining
Lecture Room 2
Diisocyanates: managing safety risks for workers and the new safety training requirements
Polyurethane (PU) adhesives and sealants are versatile, innovative, and safe. They are used in a wide variety of applications (construction, packaging, automotive, furniture, engineering, marine, transportation, etc).
On 4 August 2020, a new restriction on diisocyanates was introduced applicable in both the EU and GB . The restriction means all professional and industrial users of polyurethane products with a total monomeric diisocyanate concentration of > 0.1% will need to be trained and certified by 24 August 2023 in how to handle products containing diisocyanates safely.
This seminar will explain the legislation and how to access the training required.
5 THINGS YOU WILL LEARN DURING THIS SESSION:
1. Understanding the new legislation applicable in GB for diisocyanate containing products
2. Information about timescales for compliance
3. Explanation on how to label the products
4. Details of how to access the required training
5. Information regarding how GB/UK legislation may diverge from the EU in future and the consequences of such divergence
Lorna Williams, Executive Officer & General Secretary, British Adhesives & Sealants Association