Discover how design engineers and manufacturers are taking advantage of 3D printing to produce quick prototypes, custom enclosures, and fast cost-effective jigs, fixtures and tooling with ESD protection. Discover how ABS thermoplastic with static dissipative properties is being used for applications where a static charge can damage products, impair their performance or cause an explosion in a flammable environment.
While we cannot yet print complex electronic parts like a motor, applications such as functional prototypes for electronic testing, jigs and fixtures for electronic assembly and low volume custom enclosures are becoming a popular application of 3D printable ESD materials.
5 THINGS YOU WILL LEARN DURING THIS SESSION:
1. Overview of 3D printing in the electronics industry
2. Discover why there is there slow uptake compared to other industries
3. Typically applications and where 3D printing is adding value to electronics design engineers
4. The capabilities of 3D printers, and the ESD materials being used
5. Typical application walkthrough – real uses and parts in use today