PCB layout tends to suffer the same design cycle – which is layout the PCB without enough rules to check the full fabrication, assembly and SI/PI performance. This leads to costly re-spins – costly in time to market and the financial cost of a physical PCB that does not perform well. Improving the way we design by understanding SI/PI needs, fabrications needs and rules, assembly needs, and how we can turn those needs into real time Design Rules which can help to cut out costly re-spins, which then improves time to market and removes costly re-spins of the PCB.
5 THINGS YOU WILL LEARN DURING THIS SESSION:
1. Rule based design leads to a better final products
2. Different PCB design rules for better design processes
3. Different design rules for different design issues should be used
4. Understanding the supply chain needs and methodologies
5. Investing in tools is cheaper than costly re-spins