Cyanoacrylate - the latest structural adhesive
Room: Lecture Room 3
Peter Swanson, Managing Director, INTERTRONICS
Cyanoacrylate adhesives (CAs) have become common in our lives, not least because we all have them in our homes. We know them as single part adhesives which cure almost instantly with no external energy. Technical advances in recent years have enhanced their potential in many industrial fields as well, allowing structural uses which belie their simple application.
This talk will describe how they work, what the latest enabling technologies are, and how to apply them practically and efficiently.5 key learning points for this session:
- How do cyanoacrylate adhesives cure?
- Are cyanoacrylate adhesives structural?
- What new capabilit ies do they have?
- How do you dispense them?
- How do you eliminate blooming?